Forever a TRUE BLUE

9:00 PM / Loves, Farah Nurdiana /

Manager Carlo Ancelloti has affirmed that John Terry - who City boss Mark Hughes tried to sign in a high-profile summer purchase -will remain at Stamford Bridge for the rest of his career.

The inevitable sale of defender Richard Dunne led Hughes to adopt a summer recruit plan that involved a brace of centre-back acquisitions, however, Terry snubbed the speculated offer from City, and Hughes instead turned to Everton's Joleon Lescott and Arsenal's Kolo Toure.

"I never thought he would play for another club," Ancelotti claimed in The Daily Express. "He is a symbol of this club and a fantastic captain.

"It wasn't necessary for me to speak to him in the summer because he wanted to stay. I was never fearful he would leave. I can't see him playing for any other club. I hope for him and for the club he will stay for the rest of his career.

"Terry isn't just important for his technical quality but his behaviour and personality off the pitch," added Ancelotti.

"He is the player I expected and man I expected. Players like Terry are a big advantage for coaches because if the players want to know how to train and behave, they just look at him.

"I like to have a joke with Terry - not just with him but all my players. I maintain a good atmosphere with the players but sometimes there is a time for respect and when that time comes I ask respect from my players."

0 comments:

Post a Comment